إنســـانيــات .. نحـو عـلم اجـتماعى نـقدى
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

إنســـانيــات .. نحـو عـلم اجـتماعى نـقدى

خطوة على طريق الوعي

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
د. فرغلى هارون
المدير العـام

د. فرغلى هارون

ذكر عدد الرسائل : 3278
تاريخ التسجيل : 07/05/2008

Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians   Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians Empty21/2/2010, 3:45 pm

Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians Chomsky_Fateful_Triangle_1
Fateful Triangle
The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians
Noam Chomsky
South End Press 2nd Updtd edition 1999
938 pages
2,3mb

Chomsky's research is truly impressive. This book contains roughly 1,550 footnotes, with a huge range of sources, including mainstream right newspapers (i.e. Wall Street Journal) and papers on the left (i.e. New York Times). He also refers to a number of Israeli historians (i.e. Morris and Shlaim), and both liberal and conservative Jewish magazines (commentary and Dissent), also left-wing and mainstream liberal magazines (i.e. New Republic and Z mag). You can disagree with the ideology and the point of view, but you cannot deny the sheer volume of sources. It's difficult to explain the almost unanimous refusal to review this book among the mainstream press upon the time of publication, but it passed almost unnoticed. Those who have commented on the book have usually criticized Chomsky's `tone' and his apparent use of `selective quotation.' On the latter charge I can only say that all political scientists must ultimately decide which quotes and sources they are going to include, and which they are going to exclude, it's simply the nature of the field. On the former charge, I must admit that on a few occasions, Chomsky's tone is needlessly hostile. For example, while discussing the IDF's indolence with regard to monitoring Sabra and Shatila, Chomsky quotes Thomas Friedman to the fact that "whether the Israelis actually looked down and saw what was happening was unkown," adding that "it is also not clear whether this is intended as irony" (366). This is a needless and polemical reference to the Holocaust. Chomsky is Jewish and is not an anti-semite, but he applies harsh and rigorous (perhaps occasionally unfair) standards to the state of Israel, which is the product of the policy of genocide implemented against European Jewry during WWII. There is no need to compare the Israeli atrocities to the atrocities of the Nazis; it gets historians and scholars alike nowhere in penetrating into the truth of the current conflict.

Download Link
[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]

password = [ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://social.alafdal.net

Noam Chomsky - Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
إنســـانيــات .. نحـو عـلم اجـتماعى نـقدى :: 
منتدى المكتبــات المتخـصـصـة
 :: 
مكتـبـة الاقتصاد والعلوم الســـياســية
 :: 
المكتـبـة الاقتصادية والسياسية أجنبى
-
انتقل الى: